3 Delicious Iced Coffee Protein Recipes
Last Updated July 31, 2019 By Emily Raines
Awareness on healthy living is increasingly becoming popular. It is said you are what you eat. Therefore, it is important to eat a balanced diet so that you get enough nutrients. In addition, those who wish to lose or manage their weight can do so by following a healthy diet.
Drinking an iced coffee protein shake is a delicious, nutritious, and unique way to lose weight. I know you probably get a different idea when “a shake” is involved. Most people would think sugar and carbs, thus adding more calories to what you are trying to reduce. However, this is not your average shake or coffee drink. The ingredients used to make it contain nutrients and other antioxidants that can help one burn excess fat ultimately losing weight.
Coffee and Protein each serve a purpose toward ensuring a healthy and tasty drink. The caffeine in coffee is beneficial in stimulating the production of adrenaline which in turn lead to more fat being used up for energy.
On the other hand, the protein powder contains protein which is beneficial in many ways. To begin with, it makes one feel full for hours. The protein also helps build muscle. Additionally, protein is important towards formation and repair of cells.
Most of the recipes that are available are dairy free and gluten free. They can be enjoyed by those who do not take dairy products.
Now that we understand the concept behind this drink, we shall go through some of the recipes that are available. The easiest way of making this shake is by mixing iced coffee with whey protein powder. Put the two ingredients into a shaker bottle then shake the bottle until the ingredients are well mixed. It is advised that one should use unsweetened coffee.
1. Vanilla Iced Coffee Protein Shake
For this recipe you will need;
· Coffee (add as much as you want depending on your preference).
· 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk.
· ¼ teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon.
· 2 tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
· 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder.
· 1 cup of Ice.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is very easy to make. Once you have all the required ingredients, combine them into a shaker bottle. Shake the bottle until all ingredients are well mixed.
By adding cinnamon into your shake, it becomes even healthier. Studies on the health benefits of cinnamon indicate that by having a teaspoon of cinnamon every day, you will be able to control the blood sugar levels thus able to store less fat. In addition, the protein powder is usually sweetened. Therefore, ensure that you keep sugar content low as you do not have to add sugar to the mix.
2. Thick Banana Iced Coffee Protein Shake
· 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond milk.
· 2 cups of Ice.
· 1 cup of Unsweetened Cold Brewed Coffee.
· 1 frozen Banana which has been frozen.
· 1 scoop of Protein Powder.
Put all the ingredients into a blender except the ice cubes.
Make sure you blend all the ingredients until it comes to a smooth mixture. You can start by adding few ice cubes to the blender then turn it on. You can continue adding more ice cubes to the ingredients as they blend. The amount of ice cubes that will be added depends on how consistent you would like the shake to be. The almond milk, used instead of dairy milk, is added to the shake so as to increase the creaminess of the shake.
There are different flavors of protein powder such as vanilla or chocolate protein powders. For this recipe, you will choose the flavor depending on the type of flavor you prefer. It is important to use the unsweetened coffee and cocoa powder so that you get to reduce the amount of sugar intake. Have this in the morning to start your day on a great note!
3. Thai Iced Coffee Protein Shake
The origin of this being a Thai recipe is in the use of ground cardamom and almond extract in the preparing it.
For this recipe, you will need
· 1 cup of brewed cold coffee.
· 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder.
· 1 teaspoon ground cardamom.
· 1/2 tea spoon of almond extract.
· 1 cup of ice.
Add all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until they are smooth and you have achieved your desired consistency.
If it is not as smooth as you wish, you can add some more coffee. On the other hand, if it is too thin and runny, you can add some more ice cubes. That will make it become more consistent.
Tips on achieving the best of out of these recipes...
· The protein powder should always be added when the water is cold. If one adds the protein powder when the water is hot or warm, it might clamp up thus making it harder to mix with the other ingredients.
· Did you know you can freeze the coffee and use the cubes in making the shake? That way, you maintain the high taste of the coffee flavor instead of having it diluted by using ice cubes made out of the water.
· It is not always true that adding more fruits to the shake makes it healthy. A smoothie that is filled with fruits has a higher number of calories compared to that without fruits. Instead, you can opt to add vegetables such as spinach which is a healthier option.
These iced coffee protein shakes will revolutionize how you start your mornings or how you feel after a workout. Beyond enjoying the great taste of the shake, you get protein. Given it has low sugar content and fewer calories, it is a great natural weight loss technique. Try em' out soon.